100 Cupboards

Wednesday, October 9, 2013


100 Cupboards
N.D. Wilson
rating: 2

Twelve-year-old Henry York wakes up one night to find bits of plaster in his hair. Two knobs have broken through the wall above his bed and one of them is slowly turning . . .Henry scrapes the plaster off the wall and discovers cupboards of all different sizes and shapes. Through one he can hear the sound of falling rain. Through another he sees a glowing room–with a man pacing back and forth! Henry soon understands that these are not just cupboards, but portals to other worlds.

100 Cupboards has been on my reading list for a very long time and sadly I was really disappointed.  The overall idea was really cool but the whole book felt really dark and unsettling.  I actually didn't even finish it.  I got about half-way through and then I just stopped.  There was a real strong dark magic feel to it.

The part that I did enjoy about the first part of the book was the story and character development.  The author took a lot of time to develop the characters and really made you want to know what they go through. 

   

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey there, leave a comment and make my day!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs