Do Hard Things

Saturday, February 1, 2014

 
Do Hard Things
Alex & Brett Harris
rating: 10
 
Most people don't expect you to understand what we're going to tell you in this book.  And even if you understand, they don't expect you to care.  And even if you care, they don't expect you to do anything about it.  And even if you do something about it, they don't expect it to last.  We do.
 
 
Well, if you don't have a copy of Do Hard Things, go buy it or borrow it from a friend because it is an absolute must read!!  I had started to read it a couple of years ago but I really didn't find it interesting, then we moved and so the book went back to the library.  I have get to read it in my school this year and I couldn't put it down.  The Harris twins don't shy away from saying what needs to be said, even if it hurts.  And they are living out what they teach in their book.  They give examples of normal, teens just like us who are living every day for Christ where they are.  For me it is super encouraging to see that there are other homeschool, Christian, teenagers (like myself) out there that are willing, ready and able to make a change in our world.
 
 
Also a couple of years ago they did a Modesty Survey that was launched on their blog, The Rebolution.  I would really encourage you girls to go have a look at it, it is really insightful to see how modesty affects guys in their own words. 

3 comments :

  1. I've heard tons of reviews on this - will have to read this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What theme is your blog? I LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's from blogaholic designs, I haven't heard of them before but I love this template! The link to their site is at the bottom of the blog...

      Delete

Hey there, leave a comment and make my day!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs