Top Ten Tuesday | My TBR For Summer 2015

Tuesday, June 16, 2015


Well, I'm back!  And I've decided to start doing something that is scheduled so that my poor neglected blog can see some action…  Not too long ago I came to the realization that a schedule was absolutely necessary and then I came upon Broke and Bookish's Top Ten Tuesday blog taggy thingy.  And I fell in love at once, so without further ado:  my Top Ten TBR Books for Summer 2015!



1. FireFight by Brandon Sanderson
If you haven't read Steelheart, then stop what you're doing and go to the bookstore, library, kindle store or your neighbors garage sale and find it.  And then read it ( you can thank me later ) and then join me in desperately trying to find Firefight.  One of the bad parts about living overseas and not having access to a library is that even when your friend is awesome and lets you use her e-library account, sometimes you're like #37 on the waiting list for one book.  


2. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
So, I'm kinda both scared and super excited about this one, because everything that I have heard/read about it is a combination of, "I loved this book to pieces" and "This book ruined my life and left me crying in the corner."  So with much fear and trepidation I will read it and conquer and be sure to let you all know to what degree it ruined my life.  


3. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
No one could possibly have seen the movie and not fallen in love with the story.  Yes, I am ashamed to say that I did indeed watch the movie before I read the book… But only because I couldn't get my hands on a copy and the film was right there staring at me yelling "You need me!"  So I yielded and am oh so happy that I did, and now I have the book to look forward to so that my heart can be broken all over again.


4. Fairest Beauty by Melanie Dickerson
This was one of those books that I saw the cover and instantly decided that it would be on my TBR list.  So, kudos to whoever designed the cover because it sure suckered me in. 


5. The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner 


6. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
I am (still) breathlessly awaiting for Scarlet to become available.  Because Cinder was amazing (again, go read it and thank me later) and now I'm on pins and needles…


7. Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
One of the books that I pin and repin quotes from but I've never dug our dog-eared copy out of the bookshelf.


8. Crazy Love by Francis Chan
Another, forever on the to-read list but never actually read…


9. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
Okay, so this one I knew absolutely zilch about but then I noticed that a couple of folks on goodreads (man, I love that site!) whose reviews I trusted were kinda going on about it, and then I read the description and it was instantly on the summer list…


10. The Siege of Macindaw by John Flanagan 
Another desperately awaited book that the library has been withholding from me… Ugh, the agony!  

1 comment :

  1. I love The Book Thief! And Ive read The Fairest Beauty (got the 4th book out the other day) and Mere Christianity. :~)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there, leave a comment and make my day!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs